Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shop Til You Drop




Today was my second time in a Singapore mall but the first time to do any actually shopping. I can now say that I am going to end up doing much more shopping. I did not look in any of the American stores (Gap, Nike, etc.), but from glancing in them, they look very similar to the stores in the US. However, all of the other stores are rather different. The stores are very small and jammed full of clothes. The fashion is pretty cute. There tends to be more variety in styles and less variety in sizes, though I could find things that fit. Also, no two stores had the same things. I kind of think that each store has its own little sweat shop associated with it. The clothes are a little cheaper than in the US, and the shoes are much much much cheaper. I bought a skirt and 3 pairs of shoes. As those of you who know me well can probably imagine, I easily could have bought 10 more pairs of shoes, but I eventually made myself stop looking.

So the first pair I bought (the ones on the bottom) were S$30, so about $20. The strap around the ankle and then hook on a way that is really cool, but I have no idea how to explain. Anyway, I thought that was a pretty good deal for really cute shoes. But then I found my other two pairs. Those were each S$10, or about $7. They are honestly a little higher than I would normally get, but for that price, I could not resist.

I know it's a little terrible that the first pictures I'm posting are of shoes, but I will get more pictures up soon. In case your wondering, the spot on the lower right corner is from when my camera got into a fight with a pond in Central Park over spring break. Oops!

3 comments:

  1. Typical Kristina! I don't know how you can walk in those shoes, dang. They're cute! I bet they make you almost as tall as me.

    I want more pictures! I want to see what your dorm looks like, hear what your daily schedule is, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina. I just set up a Gmail account so I could try to post comments. I agree with Maria's comments!

    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I'm an expert, but those shoes all look cool to me! and say no more about the good deal! If you shop too much, you'll have to ship stuff back or pay for extra luggage - make it count!

    ReplyDelete